Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Marinated mushrooms


You could use the oil towards the daily oil allowance and they'd be Simply Filling or 1pp/serving!

1 packet of mushrooms wiped with a paper towel

Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Add mushrooms for 4 minutes.

While they are boiling in a bowl or a canning jar (which I like because I can easily shake them up to distribute the marinade) add:
1/2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp light soy sauce or braggs liquid aminos
red pepper flakes to taste
I don't add salt

When the mushrooms are cooked add to the marinade and let cool to room temperature before putting them in the fridge.

1 comment:

Caron said...

I love this idea. I sometimes lose mushrooms because I don't eat them raw, and for one reason or another I do not have a need for them with the meals I'm preparing. This sounds delicious and easy so that I can quickly prepare them and save the mushrooms. :)

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...