My husband absolutely loved this soup and it will be made again!
White bean and kale soup 0sp Serving size 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped small
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic (I used a garlic press for them) Use less if you don't like garlic
- 15oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with seasonings
- 4 cups of chicken broth low sodium (I used some that I had made)
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans of white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups of chopped kale (no stalk)
- ground black pepper
- you could add salt depending on the broth you use but I didn't need any as it was very flavorful
Add it all the other ingredients except the salt and pepper.
Put in the slow cooker for 4 hours depending on your slow cooker.
Add salt and pepper to taste.