Sunday, February 18, 2018

White bean and kale soup 0sp

I made this in my instant pot on slow cooker but you could also use the soup setting for 15 minutes or until veggies are cooked and broth is amazing :)

My husband absolutely loved this soup and it will be made again!

White bean and kale soup 0sp Serving size 1 1/2 cups

  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1 large carrot chopped small
  • 1 celery stalk chopped 
  • 4 cloves of garlic (I used a garlic press for them) Use less if you don't like garlic
  • 15oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with seasonings
  • 4 cups of chicken broth low sodium (I used some that I had made)
  • 1 tsp thyme dried
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 cans of white kidney beans drained and rinsed
  • 4 cups of chopped kale (no stalk)
  • ground black pepper
  • you could add salt depending on the broth you use but I didn't need any as it was very flavorful
I sprayed my instant pot with not stick (you could use some olive oil) and sauteed the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 3-5 minutes just till the onion and garlic start to get soft and lightly cooked you don't want to burn them.

Add it all the other ingredients except the salt and pepper.

Put in the slow cooker for 4 hours depending on your slow cooker.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...