Shepherds pie 6 servings 8pp if you use potatoes and extra lean beef you could easily make this simply filling.di
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large stalk of celery chopped I used 2 today :)
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 10oz bag of mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 cup of water
- 1 packet of lower sodium beef gravy mix
- 2 cups of Idahoan original instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 2 cups of water
- 4 tsp light margarine
- salt if you like but I leave it out
Add the olive oil to a saucepan on med high and saute the onion, garlic and celery. Remove from pan. Next cook the ground beef until nice and browned.
Add back the onion/garlic/celery and also add the frozen mixed vegetables, the cup of water and the gravy packet.. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened. Turn off and put aside.
Heat the water and the margarine until starting to boil. Add the cold milk. Stir in potato but don't whip. Let sit for a couple of minutes.
Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray and and add the meat mixture.
Top with the potato and smooth evenly. I did sprinkle a little more montreal steak spice and a bit of smoked paprika on top.
Optional you could sprinkle with cheese but I left this out.
Bake in a 375 oven for 30 minutes or until nicely browned.