Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sugar Free Crockpot pumpkin apple butter simply filling

This is the original recipe here

I tweaked it just a bit as my crock runs hot so I made it the same way as I made the crockpot pumpkin steel cut oats. Just be sure to use a bowl that's oven proof.

Here's the oat recipe to show how I used my slow cooker

Sugar Free Crockpot Pumpkin Apple Butter with my tweaks I high lighted the tweaks I made

1 15oz can of pure pumpkin
1 large apple chopped small as I like to leave the apple chunks in the finished butter
1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
1/4c sugar free pancake syrup
1/2c sweetener that measure like sugar
1 tsp Saigon cinnamon as it's a stronger cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground ginger I actually used 1 tsp but I like it very gingery
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice
I didn't add any salt

I mixed all together and put into my bowl inside of my crockpot and cooked on high for 2 hours then turned on low stirring every now and then for another 3 hours or until it's a darker color and the apple is soft.

Click on the link to the oat recipe to see how I made it in my slow cooker without burning it.


No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...