Monday, March 30, 2015

Cold spaghetti pasta salad

Thanks to Thea-Lee Stottele for sharing her recipe!

Depending on your pasta and your sauces if  you're doing sf you'd just have to count the parmesan cheese and the shredded cheddar unless it's fat free.

So if  you use whole wheat pasta, pasta sauce with no sugar, fat free Italian dressing, parmesan cheese and light shredded cheddar cheese it would be Simply Filling + 1pp.

Or for points plus I counted 5pp for 1 cup and bulked it up by adding 1 cup of steamed broccoli that I'd cooled before adding in. A very filling lunch! Next time I might add mushrooms and peppers :)

Cold spaghetti pasta salad Makes 5x 1 cup servings 

5 oz of whole wheat thin spaghetti/spaghettini noodles cooked el dante
1/2 jar of pasta sauce I used a blue menu one
1/3c fat free Italian dressing I lowered the amount from the original recipe
1/4c parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4c chopped red onion
1/4c light shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
The original recipe also called for olives which I left out because of sodium

Break up your pasta before cooking and add to boiling water. Cook until just done. Drain pasta and put into large bowl. Add all other ingredients. Toss and put into the fridge for at least 2 hours I put it in overnight. Stir it up before serving.


No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...