Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cheesy scalloped potatoes simply filling + 1pp


Cheesy scalloped potato Simply Filling +1pp for the cheese
I used a small individual dish that was oven proof.
First I sprayed non stick spray in it.
Then in a small saucepan I melted 1 tsp calorie reduced becel margarine. Then I sprinkled in 1/2 Tbsp whole wheat flour and stirred letting it bubble for a couple of minutes.
Stirred in 1/2 cup of skim milk, sea salt to taste, pepper and parsley.
Cooked on medium until it comes to boil whisking constantly till it thickens. When it was thick enough I stirred in 1 tbsp ultra light cream cheese. Put aside.
I used a medium potato that I sliced with my mandoline very thin.
Now take the dish and put enough sauce in just to cover the bottom.
Put 1/2 the sliced potato in.
Cover with 1/2 the remaining sauce.
Put the other 1/2 of the sliced potato in.
Cover with the last of the sauce.
Now put foil over the dish and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
Take the foil off and put bake into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is soft.
Sprinkle on 15g of very finely grated light cheese and put in the oven till melted.

No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...