Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Baked custard

I've tried a couple of recipes for baked custard and this is the one I'm using right now.

Baked custard 100% simply filling or 2 pts if I make 4
I haven't tried using egg substitute which would make them even less points

2eggs
1/4c splenda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4c instant skim milk powder
1 1/2c skim milk scalded (hot but not boiling)
nutmeg to sprinkle on top

I mixed the eggs, splenda, salt, vanilla in a small bowl. Then I put the skim milk in a saucepan and put it on medium heat until between warm and hot, but not boiling. When warm enough I added the instant milk powder. Take off of the heat. Whisk while very slowly adding the egg mixture. Pour into 4 medium sized oven proof bowls. Put bowls in a pan that has high sides. Pour very hot water into the pan until it's 2/3 of the way up the side of the bowls. Carefully put into a 350 preheated oven. I used my toaster oven. 20 minutes or until set and if you put a sharp knife in the middle it will come out clean.
Before I put them in the oven.
Cooked.

No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...