Sunday, August 4, 2013

Smashed potatoes

Smashed potatoes 100% Simply Filling


Small new potatoes
Olive oil
Garlic fresh or powdered
Sea salt
Black pepper
herbs of your choice

Boil your potatoes until just done. You can also cook them in the microwave but be sure to prick them with a fork before cooking so they don't explode.

Place on a pan (I use non stick foil to make cleaning up easy). Take a potato masher and gently push down on each one until smashed :). Drizzle olive oil on top, sprinkle garlic powder, sea salt, pepper and whatever herbs you like on top. I cook these in my toaster oven if I have nothing else in the big oven. Cook until crisp and browned. I like to flip them over to get both sides crisp.

You may notice I didn't put how many potatoes or how much olive oil. Well I'm only cooking for two and I do measure my oil but it depends of how many oil servings I have already used that day. Or if I've even had any yet :) I'm doing Simply Filling so I am allowed 2 tsp of olive oil without have to count them.

So if you're counting points then measure your potatoes and your oil. Remember if you're making enough for two that you'll divide the oil amount in two.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to make these tonight!

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...