Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes from Weight Watchers

Fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes from Weight watchers.

I use Greek yogurt instead of the Ricotta cheese and milk with a tsp of vinegar or lemon juice instead of the buttermilk and they still turn out great. Yes I tweak things a lot :)

Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes ( I make 1/2 of this recipe eat 1 serving and freeze the rest)
1 1/2c all purpose flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I just use a pinch because I'm watching my sodium)
1 cup of buttermilk (I use milk plus 1 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar)
2 large eggs yolks and whites separated into separate bowls
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp of lemon zest to save time I just used a tsp of lemon extract
1/2c part skim ricotta cheese (I use plain Greek yogurt)
Non stick spray or olive oil in a spritzer

Mix flour, baking soda and salt together.
In a large bowl mix buttermilk, egg yolks and sugar, lemon zest and ricotta cheese.
In a separate bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer (I just used my aerolatte) beat until soft peaks form.
Add dry ingredients into the buttermilk ingredients then very gently fold in the egg whites until just mixed.

Use 1/4c of mix to make one pancake.

2 pancakes is one serving 5pp update according to the weight watchers site this recipe for smart points is calculated at 6sp :) 

I served them with a lemon ginger fruit dip for the topping.

No comments:

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...