Thursday, August 1, 2013

Baked individual oatmeal recipe

I have started this blog as a way to keep track of new recipes/concoctions I come up with and wish to share with my Facebook group Weight Watchers and Us.

I am doing Simply Filling so that's what the points will show but I'll also try to figure out regular pp when I can.

If you have any questions please comment or e-mail me and I will answer as soon as I can.

The first recipe I'll share is my version of Baked Oatmeal. I make a basic recipe and change the add in's depending on the time of year and what I'm craving.



The Basic Baked Oatmeal: 100% simply filling or 4pp for the basic recipe using egg substitute and almond breeze
1/3c oatmeal uncooked I use quick oats 3pp. I wouldn't use instant but rolled oats might work, I haven't tried them.
1/4c skim milk or almond breeze AB would be 0pp
1/4c egg substitute or one egg Egg substitute would be 1pp
1/2 tsp baking powder 0pp
sweetener of your choice opp
I usually add 1 tsp of coarse sugar/turbinado sugar on top for crunch and because it's 0pp

To that I'll add any one of these add in's: usually just 1/4 - 1/3c of fruit
chopped apple/cranberries, cinnamon
cocoa/chopped banana
canned pumpkin/cranberries, pumpkin pie spice
blueberries/mango

Mix and put into a sprayed 1c ramekin.

I bake these in my toaster oven while I'm enjoying my coffee :) 350 for 25 minutes or until puffed up and starting to brown.

7 comments:

Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

This looks delicious. Going to have to try this! Thanks for sharing.

Caron said...

Thank you so much for this recipe. I do much better when I'm making smaller portions for myself and then I'm not tempted to eat a whole batch. :(

Suzanne said...

You're welcome guys! There's also a sign up on the side of the blog so that you can receive updated blog posts by e-mail if that's easier :)

Katrin said...

Great idea for your blog Suzi! I will definitely be looking for new recipe ideas.

Linda H said...

I seriously love your oatmeal bake recipes and have tired a few of them. :)

Julie said...

I am here to see what I can make and eat and enjoy and so far it all looks good. I need something different for breakfast and something I bake or cook the night before so at 4:45 in the morning I don't have to do anything but heat it up and eat it up.
I have to try this. You make them one at a time, I'm going to try and double your recipe and make a couple since I don't have a toaster oven I don't want to heat a regular over up for just one.
Off to find more. Thanks Suzi.
Blessings!!

Aynne said...

Awesome blog!!!

Brown rice pudding

Simply Filling if you use brown rice and skim milk or 4 sp for this recipe after being put in the recipe builder Brown rice pudding 4 se...