Thursday, August 22, 2013

Crockpot Chili Wendy's style


Chili Simply Filling Style sorry I haven't figured out the pp for this!

I usually make this depending on what I have in the house. Today I had no chillies but I had lots of onion so that's what I used. I also add a couple of tbsp of tomato paste. I also put 2 large cans of beans in.  You know me I tweak things all the time!

1 lb of extra lean ground beef
brown then put into slow cooker

then put in the pan:
1 cup of chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
saute for 5-10 or until onion is translucent
add to crock pot

put all the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot:
1 small can of chopped green chillies
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup of beef broth
1 tbsp chili powder or to taste
salt and pepper
1/2 tbsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp of sugar or a sweetener
2 cans of beans whichever ones you like

cook in crockpot 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high depending on your crockpot



2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, on SF, can you eat as much of this as you want, and it doesn't count against you? I'm trying to understand how SF works.

WWSuzi said...

You eat until satisfied and yes it is included in Simply Filling!

Corn Salad 2sp

I just made an individual amount for me so if you make more than one serving it might change the points. Corn Salad 2sp 1/2c corn which...